Santa Clara, January 11, 2016— In the recently published “Active Pen Technologies, Supply Chain and Market Forecast Report (Second Edition),” Touch Display Research Inc., an independent market research and consulting firm, analyzes more than twenty digital pen technologies, which include thirteen active pen technologies and eight passive pen technologies. Over 100 companies working on active and passive pen technologies are profiled in the report. This is the second edition of the report, and contains many updates over the first edition published in 2014.
Figure 1. Active pen technologies, supply chain, and market forecast report
Source: Touch Display Research, Jan 2016
Touch Display Research defines active pen as a pen with an electronic circuit. Some active pens have an integrated battery in it, while others do not. A passive pen has neither an electronic circuit nor a battery.
Figure 2: Active pen and passive pen summary and comparison (Full table is in the excel database)
Source: Touch Display Research, Active pen technologies supply chain and market forecast 2016 report.
“The active pen industry landscape has changed dramatically from 2014 to 2016. The number of companies actively working on active pen technology has increased from 60 companies in 2014 to over 100 companies in 2016,” said Dr. Jennifer Colegrove, CEO and Principal Analyst at Touch Display Research. “Digital pen input is very useful in education, certain language input, medical, finance, industry applications, and content creation. Active pen technology is superior to passive technology in terms of accuracy, pressure sensing, and input of fine lines. We forecast that active pen usage will grow rapidly for the next several years.”
- Microsoft acquired N-trig’s pen technology in May 2015.
- Apple entered the active pen market in November 2015 with its own pen technology.
- Many active pen companies have raised capital through Kickstarter. Over ten thousand individuals have backed those pen projects.
- Dr. Colegrove, author of this report, has conducted many first-hand interviews of active pen suppliers and OEMs that have adopted active pens in recent nine years.
- All the devices with active pen are compared side-by-side with pen suppliers in a single chart in the Excel database.
- CES 2016 Active pen exhibitions are covered in this report.
- The challenges of active pen technology and business strategy recommendations are provided.
- Over one hundred companies are profiled and supply chain analysis with many companies is included.
- A prediction for the 2016 winner is in Chapter Four. The strengths and weaknesses of key players are analyzed.
- The attitude of twelve leading brands toward active pen is analyzed.
- This report provides a Bill of Material (BOM) analysis of active pen modules for “pen only” and “pen and finger” touch.
- Market data in the report includes 2013 to 2015 history shipments and forecasts from 2016 to 2021.
- The market forecast includes Unit, active pen module ASP, and Revenue, with a detailed breakdown by eight application devices: mobile phone and phablet, tablet and hybrid tablet PC, notebook PC, signature pad (retail, finance, service, etc), eReader writer, graphic pen board (without display), public signage/interactive board, and other applications.
- Regional analysis is also provided in this report.
The “Active Pen Technologies and Market Forecast 2016 Report” is available immediately and includes a PowerPoint file of over 270 pages and an Excel database.
Figure 3: Active pen 2016 report vs. the 2014 report
Source: Touch Display Research Inc. 2016
Reasons to purchase:
- Find your potential clients or partners from the list of over 100 companies
- Understand active pen technologies and choose the right active pen supplier for your applications
- Know the active pen challenges, market status, and future
- Know your competitors
- Invest in the right direction
- Empower your strategic planning
- Touch Display Research experts have been writing touch and pen industry analysis reports for over nine years. You can access this expertise by purchasing and receiving the report today.
A license for less than five users is $4900 for this report. The license for five or more users is $5900.
Free blogs, videos
- Samsung announced Quantum Dot TV at CES 2016
- CES 2016 what to expect
- Happy Holidays from Touch Display Research Inc.
- Touch Display Research to present at SID LA chapter one-day conference 2016
- New Report: Touchless Human-Machine-Interaction (HMI) Sensor Market Gaining Momentum
- QD Vision announced $22 million new funding
- IWFPE 2015 review
- NextFlex is born
- Vehicle Display conference 2015
- MyScript conference on active pen
- Touchless Human-Machine-Interaction (HMI) Sensor Market has attracted over 200 companies
- Touch Display Research to Present at Vehicle Display 2015 Conference(Dr. Colegrove’s speech is sponsored by FlexEnable)
- Vizio to release quantum dot TV and quantum dot market forecast
- Apple Pencil and active pen market forecast
- Cima Touch-Joint venture of Flexconn and Cima Nanotech
- Konica Minolta keynotes on OLED lighting at Touch Taiwan 2015
- AUO quantum dot TV adopted 3M and Nanosys QDEF
- LG Display keynote about flexible OLED at Touch Taiwan 2015
- Flexible OLED display report
- Facebook Oculus acquires Pebbles Interfaces for gesture control
- Kodak touch sensor after UniPixel
- Apple will adopt ITO-replacement within 18 months
- AWE 2015 augmented reality, gesture and voice control market
- SID 2015 advanced and comprehensive exhibitor: BOE
- SID 2015 Monday Seminar: from mainstream to emerging display
- Metal mesh touch sensor: the second wave
- Microsoft acquired part of N-trig for the pen
- Nissha partners with C3Nano
- Quantum dot display component market will reach $10.6 billion by 2025
- Report: Gesture Control, Voice Recognition, Eye Tracking, Motion Sensor, Proximity Touch Market Forecasted to Reach $42.6 Billion by 2020
- We accurately forecasted Apple AMOLED adoption time
- Authentication technologies analysis report
- Wearable technology Analysis report
- Touch panel for vertical market 2014 report
- Our Mission at Touch Display Research
About Touch Display Research Inc.
Touch Display Research, Inc.(www.TouchDisplayResearch.com) is an independent technology market research and consulting firm specializing in touch screen and emerging display technologies such as OLED displays, OLED lighting, flexible displays, e-paper displays, ITO-replacement, Active pen, 3D displays, near-eye displays, pocket projectors, quantum dots, gesture controls, voice controls, and eye controls. Touch Display Research provides standard reports, consulting projects, and due diligence for touch suppliers, display manufacturers, consumer electronics ODMs/OEMs, material suppliers, investor companies, venture capitalists, and companies who are merging or acquiring companies in the touch screen, display, and materials industry. We are member of Flextech Alliance and SID.