Taiwan will mass produce AMOLED this year; China will mass produce AMOLED in 2014
Santa Clara, Feb 19th, 2013—In the recently published “Touch and Emerging Display Monthly Report”, Touch Display Research Inc., an independent market research and consulting firm specializing in touch screen and emerging display technologies, analyzed the worldwide AMOLED mass production situation. Touch Display Research forecasts Taiwan will mass produce AMOLED this year. China will begin mass production of AMOLEDs in 2014.
Figure. Regional AMOLED mass production forecast
Source: Touch Display Research, Touch and Emerging Display Monthly Report, Feb. 2013
In January 2013, Samsung Electronics announced record high profit for Q4 2012. Samsung indicated the growth was mainly driven by solid sales of GALAXY S III phone and GALAXY Note II. As we know, both devices use AMOLED displays. Recently, Samsung Display Corp announced that it exceeded 300 million OLED panels in cumulative panel production since beginning mass production in January 2007.
Taiwan display manufacturers tried to mass produce AMOLED displays in 2012, but due to low yield have had to postpone a few quarters. We believe Taiwan will produce AMOLED in large quantities this year.
“China is very active on AMOLED development. Some rumors hold China will start to mass produce AMOLED in Q4 2013, but I don’t think it’ll be that fast. The technology hurdle is very high,” said Dr. Jennifer Colegrove, president and analyst of Touch Display Research Inc. “I believe China will start mass produce AMOLED in 2014.”
- Besides Samsung and E Ink, the display industry is still struggling currently. Does your company have a winning strategy?
- When will flexible AMOLED enter the market? When will flexible OLED lighting enter the market?
- Touch-screen technology is ubiquitous, with hundreds of touch screen suppliers. Touch Display Research believes if you are a touch screen supplier, the production yield, material cost, and business strategy become more and more critical.
- If you are a brand, what type of touch technology should you adopt in your next product to stand out from the crowd?
- Touch-less control is entering more and more consumer electronics. What are the pros and cons of each technology? When will ultrasonic touchless gesture control enter mass production?
Touch and Emerging Display Monthly Report answers all these questions and more. It provides analysis of touch screens, OLED displays, OLED lighting, e-paper displays, flexible displays, 3D displays, pocket projectors, near-eye display technologies and market trends. It not only covers the news, but also has comparisons, insights, and market forecasts. The report also reviews conferences and trade shows we have attended or given a speech. The February 2013 report is 64 pages in PDF format, available immediately. You can subscribe on our website: www.touchdisplayresearch.com in the product and service page, or contact us by email: email@example.com
About Touch Display Research Inc.
Touch Display Research, Inc. is an independent technology market research and consulting firm specializing in touch screen and emerging display technologies such as OLED displays, OLED lighting, flexible displays, e-paper displays, 3D displays, near-eye displays, pocket projectors, quantum dots, gesture controls, voice controls, and eye controls. Touch Display Research provides standard reports, consulting projects, and due diligence for touch suppliers, display manufacturers, consumer electronics ODMs/OEMs, material suppliers, investor companies, venture capitalists, and companies who are merging or acquiring companies in the touch screen, display, and materials industry. Our website is TouchDisplayResearch.com.