Santa Clara, January 11, 2017— In the recently published “Active Pen Technologies, Supply Chain and Market Forecast Report (Third Edition),” Touch Display Research Inc., a market research and consulting firm, analyzes more than twenty digital pen technologies, which include thirteen active pen technologies and eight passive pen technologies. Over 120 companies working on active and passive pen technologies are profiled in the report. This is the 3rd edition report, and contains many updates over the Second edition (published in 2016) and the First edition (published in 2014).
Figure 1. Active pen technologies, supply chain, and market forecast report
Source: Touch Display Research, Jan 2017
Touch Display Research defines active pen as a pen with an electronic circuit. Some active pens have an integrated battery in it, and others don’t. A passive pen has neither an electronic circuit nor a battery.
Figure 2: Active pen 2017 report Table of Contents (Full TOC and report sample is available upon request).
Source: Touch Display Research, Active pen technologies supply chain and market forecast 2017 report.
“The active pen industry is going through re-shuffling, market shares of leading pen protocols are forecasted in this report,” said Dr. Jennifer Colegrove, CEO and Principal Analyst at Touch Display Research. “Digital pen input is very useful in education, certain language input, medical, finance, industry applications, and content creation. Active pen technology is superior to passive in terms of accuracy, pressure sensing, and input of fine line. We forecast that active pen usage will have rapid growth in the next several years.”
- CES 2017 Active pen exhibitions are covered in this report.
- Dr. Colegrove, author of this report, has conducted many first-hand interviews of active pen suppliers and OEMs/ODMs that have adopted active pens in recent 10 years.
- All the devices with active pen are compared side-by-side with pen technologies, and pen suppliers in the excel database.
- The 10 key characters of an ideal active pen is analyzed in the report.
- Over 120 companies are profiled and supply chain analysis with many companies is provided.
- A prediction of 2017 winner is in the report. The strengths and weaknesses of key players are analyzed.
- Market shares of Tablet and Hybrid tablet PC with P-cap active pen technology by key companies are provided in the report.
- The roadmap of 14 leading brands toward active pen is analyzed in the report.
- This report provides a Bill of Material (BOM) analysis of active pen module for “pen only” and “pen and finger” touch.
- Market data in the report includes 4 years history data (2013 to 2016), and 6 years forecasts (from 2017 to 2022).
- The market forecast includes Unit, active pen module ASP and Revenue, with a detail breakdown by 9 application devices: mobile phone and phablet, tablet and hybrid tablet PC, notebook PC, All-in-one PC and desktop monitor, signature pad (retail, finance, service, etc), eReader writer, graphic pen board (without display), public signage/interactive board, and other applications.
- Regional analysis is also provided in this report.
Reasons to purchase:
- Find your potential clients or partners from the list of over 120 companies
- Understand active pen technologies and choose the right active pen supplier for your applications
- Know the active pen challenges, market status, and future
- Know your competitors
- Invest in the right direction, avoid costly wrong investment
- Empower your strategic planning
- Touch Display Research experts have been writing touch and pen industry analysis reports for 10 years. You can access this expertise by purchasing and receiving the report today.
The “Active Pen Technologies and Market Forecast 2017 Report” is available immediately.
|PowerPoint file||>330 pages|
|Excel database||Profiles >120 companies, Units, ASP, Revenue, list of all active pen devices with pen technology and pen suppliers|
|Published time||January, 11th, 2017|
|Price||$5100 for company with <5 user. $5900 for company with 5 or more users|
|Bonus||Client can have a 30-minute free phone call with the leading analyst: Dr. Jennifer Colegrove, within 3 months of the purchase|
- December report: China 20 AMOLED fabs, Samsung acquires QD Vision
- Why Samsung wants to acquire QD Vision
- In-cell on-cell hybrid in-cell touch display market 2016 report
- Google’s Jamboard large touch screen is using metal mesh or silver nanowire
- Tesla will use more than 21 sensors for advanced driver assistant system
- SEMI FLEX Singapore 2016 is very successful
- Automotive– $60 billion opportunities for touch screen, display, sensors and semiconductor companies
- Our mission at Touch Display Research
About Touch Display Research Inc.
Touch Display Research, Inc. (www.TouchDisplayResearch.com) is an independent technology market research and consulting firm specializing in touch screen and emerging display technologies such as OLED displays, OLED lighting, flexible displays, e-paper displays, ITO-replacement, Active pen, 3D displays, near-eye displays, pocket projectors, quantum dots, gesture controls, voice controls, and eye controls. Touch Display Research provides standard reports, consulting projects, and due diligence for touch suppliers, display manufacturers, consumer electronics ODMs/OEMs, material suppliers, investor companies, venture capitalists, and companies who are merging or acquiring companies in the touch screen, display, and materials industry. We are member of Flextech Alliance, SEMI and SID.