Touch Display Research forecasts that non-ITO transparent conductor will have rapid growth from 2013 to 2020
Santa Clara, November 25, 2013—Touch Display Research announces the publication of “ITO Replacement—Non-ITO Transparent Conductor Technologies, Supply Chain and Market Forecast Report.” This November report is the second edition with many updates from the May 2013 report. This report profiles over two hundred companies and research institutes working on advanced transparent conductive (TC) materials and provides a detailed analysis of metal mesh, carbon nano tube (CNT), conductive polymer, silver nanowire, graphene, and other technologies.
Figure 1. ITO replacement technologies and companies
Source: Touch Display Research, ITO Replacement—Non-ITO Transparent Conductor Technologies, Supply Chain and Market Forecast Report, November 2013
“Transparent conductor applications include touch sensors, displays, lighting, solar (PV), smart windows, EMI shielding, etc. Currently, 26 companies and research institutes are working on metal mesh; 17 enterprises are working on silver nanowire; graphene is the most researched non-ITO material with 41 companies and research institutes working on it. Thirty companies supply non-ITO transparent conductive film. Twenty-three companies supply the nano ink or powder.” said Dr. Jennifer Colegrove, president and analyst of Touch Display Research Inc. “These transparent conductors are not only replacing ITO, but also provide functions that ITO could not. Our survey found that the adoption of ITO-replacement is accelerating. We forecast the ITO-replacement market will grow rapidly from 2013 to 2020.”
- Dr. Colegrove, author of this report, toured the clean room of Atmel’s XSense fab in Colorado; she also had an in-person fab tour of UniPixel’s InTouch Sensor (used to be called UniBoss) in Texas. She performed first hand surveys and interviews with many ITO-replacement suppliers and OEM/ODMs.
- This report provides not only the outlook for ITO-replacement, but also added analysis and comparisons of in-cell, on-cell, and OGS touch panels.
- Over 200 companies and research institutes are profiled and supply chain analysis with many companies is provided.
- This second edition adds a chapter on the analysis of major OEM/ODM brands’ adoption of ITO-replacement.
- This second edition adds ITO-replacement exhibitions at SID 2013, Touch Taiwan 2013, and FPD International 2013.
- The second edition added touch devices list with ITO-replacement.
- Same as the first edition, this report provides a regional analysis for the US, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, China, Germany, the U.K., and other countries.
- Market data in the report includes 2012 historical data and forecasts from 2013 to 2020.
- The market forecast includes Area (square meter), ASP ($/m2) and Revenue, with detail breakdown by six TC technologies.
Figure 2. ITO-replacement report second edition table of contents
Source: Touch Display Research Inc., November 2013
The “ITO Replacement November 2013 Report” is available immediately and includes a PowerPoint file (over 260 pages) and an Excel database.
Reasons to purchase:
- Find your potential clients or partners from the list of over two hundred enterprises
- Choose the right transparent conductors for your applications
- Know the transparent conductor market status and future
- Know your competitors
- Invest in the right direction
- Empower your strategic planning
- Touch Display Research experts spent eleven months to survey and write this report. You don’t have to spend eleven months; you can purchase and receive the report today.
License for less than five users is $5800 for this single report, or $8800 for this single report plus a half-year update report in May 2014.
License for five or more users is $6800 for this single report, or $9800 for this single report plus a half-year update report in May 2014.
Free blogs, videos
About Touch Display Research Inc.
Touch Display Research, Inc. is an independent technology market research and consulting firm specializing in touch screen and emerging display technologies such as OLED displays, OLED lighting, flexible displays, e-paper displays, 3D displays, near-eye displays, pocket projectors, quantum dots, gesture controls, voice controls, and eye controls. Touch Display Research provides standard reports, consulting projects, and due diligence for touch suppliers, display manufacturers, consumer electronics ODMs/OEMs, material suppliers, investor companies, venture capitalists, and companies who are merging or acquiring companies in the touch screen, display, and materials industry. Our website is TouchDisplayResearch.com.