May 20, 2021 by Jennifer Colegrove Ph.D. Principal Analyst at Touch Display Research Inc.
Although our Society for Information Display (SID) annual conference had to be virtual just as last year, this year’s virtual conference is also very successful.
Figure: SID DisplayWeek 2021 Virtual conference
Photo source: SID 2021
In recent several days, I’ve been watching the Keynote from Amazon, Samsung, Adobe, and scan through the exhibitor’s virtual booth, and read technique papers of this year’s SID 2021, here are several hot topics:
- Micro and mini LED continue to be the hot topic this year. Over 14 companies showed their micro and mini LED displays. Micro LED and Mini LED will flood consumer market in 2021. Nanosys announced it acquired Glo. Micro and mini LED have attracted over 260 enterprises.
In the newly published “Micro and Mini LED Technologies, Supply Chain and Market Forecast 2021-2031 Report, Fourth Edition,” Touch Display Research Inc., a market research and consulting firm, analyzed all the methods to fabricate micro and mini LED displays along with their supply chains.Quantum dot continues to be a hot topic as well.
2. Quantum Dot will Exhibit Rapid Growth in 2021 and 2022. In the newly published “Quantum Dot Technologies and Market Forecast 2021 Report (8th Edition),” Touch Display Research surveyed many quantum dot suppliers, display manufacturers and OEMs, and analyzed and forecasted the quantum dot market with detail of material type and form factor. This report profiles over 130 companies working on quantum dot materials and quantum dot components. Touch Display Research forecasts that Apple will adopt quantum dot within 12 months.
3. Automotive touch, displays and ADAS. Automotive market is going through a transition of its human-vehicle interface. In the recently published “Automotive Touch, Display, ADAS and Touchless HMI 2020 Report, 3rd Edition” Touch Display Research Inc., a market research and consulting firm, analyzes automotive touch screen, display, ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistant System), and touchless human-machine-interaction (HMI) technologies and supply chain. This is the third edition with many updates over the second edition (published in 2018). More than 600 companies working on automotive technologies are profiled in the report.
Thanks for reading,
Dr. Jennifer Colegrove and team
What our clients say
“The Micro and Mini LED report is very helpful. Before, we know our technologies well, now with your report, we know all our competitors out there and their Pros and Cons too.”—a client of the Micro and Mini LED report.
“I recommended your Smart Windows Report to my company, and then my company bought it. The report is very useful– it opened a whole new world for us.” —a client of the Smart Window’s Report.
“We bought your Touch Panel for Vertical Market report two years ago, and based on the report, we formed a new division to target those markets, and now that division is doing very well.”—a client of the Touch Panel for Vertical Market report.
“Great report. It’s very thorough.”–a client of our ITO-replacement report
- Micro and mini LED will flood the consumer market in 2021
- In memory of Larry Tannas Jr.
- Quantum dot TV will become the mainstream
- EV battery manufacturers’ capacity market share
- Tesla will add 4 battery factories
- EV battery attracted over 180 companies
- 17 types wearable health sensors
- Micro and Mini LED 2020 to 2030 Report
- Quantum dot for agriculture market
- Touchless HMI 2020 report introduction (Video)
- Samsung and LG focus on Micro LED
- Facebook, Plessey, Apple and micro LED industry
- CES 2020 special report
- Apple is number 3 in micro LED display patents
- HMD market forecast from 2019 to 2029
About Touch Display Research Inc.
Touch Display Research, Inc. (https://TouchDisplayResearch.com) is a technology market research and consulting firm specializing in touch screen and emerging display technologies such as OLED displays, quantum dots, flexible displays, e-paper displays, ITO-replacement, Active pen, near-eye displays, smart windows, micro & mini LED, gesture controls, voice controls, and eye controls. Touch Display Research helps technology companies grow and connecting their technologies to the marketplace. We have been writing about OLED industry for over 10 years. We were the first company to publish Quantum Dot market reports. We were the first company to publish Active Pen market report, and ITO-replacement market report. We have always been there to analyze new and emerging technologies. Touch Display Research provides reports, consulting, and due diligence to touch suppliers, display manufacturers, semiconductor companies, consumer electronics ODMs/OEMs, material suppliers, investors and venture capitalists. For report and consulting, please visit our website: TouchDisplayResearch.com.
Touch Display Research Membership subscription
Touch Display Research offers membership packages for corporations and businesses who would prefer to purchase several of our services at the same time. We offer three levels of membership: Gold, Silver and Bronze. Please see the website membership page for more details.