Santa Clara, January 8, 2015—In the newly published “Quantum Dot Display and Lighting Technologies and Market Forecast Report” Second Edition, Touch Display Research surveyed many quantum dot suppliers and found that the quantum dot display component market is gaining momentum. Touch Display Research forecasts that the quantum dot display and lighting component market will surpass $2 billion by 2016 and reach $10.6 billion by 2025. This report profiles over sixty companies working on quantum dot materials and quantum dot components.
Figure 1. Quantum Dot Display and Lighting Component Market Forecast (2015 to 2025)
Source: Touch Display Research, Quantum Dot Display and Lighting Technologies and Market Forecast Report, Second Edition, January 2015
“Quantum dot technology could improve Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) dramatically in terms of color gamut, color accuracy, and reducing power consumption. This is one of the biggest breakthrough technologies for LCD in recent several years. Cadmium-free quantum dot is entering the market in 2015,” said Dr. Jennifer Colegrove, CEO and principal analyst of Touch Display Research Inc. “We forecast quantum dot components will have a rapid penetration into displays and lighting from 2015 to 2025.”
- QD Vision, Sony, Nanosys, 3M, Amazon, and ASUS brought quantum dot display devices to the market in 2013 and 2014.
- Samsung announced SUHD TV with quantum dot at CES 2015. LG Electronics also announced quantum dot TV at CES 2015. (Quantum dot at CES 2015 are included in this report).
- Dr. Colegrove, author of this report, has conducted many first-hand interviews of quantum dot material and component suppliers in the past few years.
- Over 60 companies are profiled and supply chain analysis with many companies is provided.
- This report provides market analysis and forecast of quantum dot for display and lighting, with analysis of quantum dots for other applications: solar, battery, laser, bio-science, and medical labeling.
- This report provides not only the outlook for quantum dot components in display and lighting, but also provides analysis and comparison between conventional LCDs, LCDs with quantum dot, and AMOLED.
- The strengths and weaknesses of key players are analyzed.
- This report provides a Bill of Material (BOM) analysis of quantum dot displays for TV, Notebook PC, and tablet size, and BOM of cadmium-free quantum dot displays.
- Market data in the report includes 2013 and 2014 history data and forecasts from 2015 to 2025.
- The market forecast includes Unit, quantum dot component ASP and Revenue, with detail breakdown by cadmium-type quantum dot and Cd-free quantum dot; detail breakdown by ten applications: TV, Public Signage, Monitor, NB PC, tablet/phablet PC, mobile phone, Digital Still Camera/camcorder, other app displays, lighting, and QLED display.
- Regional analysis is also provided in this report.
Figure 2. Quantum Dot Display and Lighting Report Table of Contents (Full TOC and report sample are available upon request)
Source: Touch Display Research Inc., Jan 2015
The “Quantum Dot Display and Lighting Technologies and Market Forecast Report” Second Edition is available immediately and includes a PowerPoint file of over 190 pages and an Excel database.
Reasons to purchase:
- Find your potential clients or partners from a list of over sixty companies
- Choose the right quantum dot supplier for your applications
- Know the quantum dot challenges, market status, and future
- Know your competitors
- Invest in the right direction
- Empower your strategic planning
- Touch Display Research experts have been writing display industry analysis reports for over seven years. You can access this expertise by purchasing and receiving the report today.
A license for less than five users is $3800 for this report. The license for five or more users is $4800.
About Touch Display Research Inc.
Touch Display Research, Inc. is an independent technology market research and consulting firm specializing in touch screen and emerging display technologies such as OLED displays, OLED lighting, flexible displays, e-paper displays, ITO-replacement, 3D displays, near-eye displays, pocket projectors, quantum dots, gesture controls, voice controls, and eye controls. Touch Display Research provides standard reports, consulting projects, and due diligence for touch suppliers, display manufacturers, consumer electronics ODMs/OEMs, material suppliers, investor companies, venture capitalists, and companies who are merging or acquiring companies in the touch screen, display, and materials industry. We are Silver Corporate member of SID (Society for Information Display). We are member of Flextech Alliance. Our website is TouchDisplayResearch.com.