Santa Clara, January 14, 2016—In the newly published “Quantum Dot Display and Lighting Technologies and Market Forecast Report (Third Edition),” Touch Display Research surveyed many quantum dot suppliers, display manufacturers, and OEMs, and analyzed and forecasts the quantum dot display component market with details of material type and form factor. This report profiles over eighty companies working on quantum dot materials and quantum dot components.
Figure 1. Quantum Dot Display and Lighting Technologies and Market Forecast Report, Third Edition
Source: Touch Display Research, January 2016
“Quantum dot technology could improve Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) dramatically in terms of color gamut, color accuracy and reducing power consumption. The number of companies working on quantum dot has increased to over eighty in 2016 from just sixty companies in 2015,” said Dr. Jennifer Colegrove, CEO and principal analyst of Touch Display Research Inc. “We forecast that quantum dot components will have a rapid penetration into displays and lighting from 2016 to 2026.”
- Cadmium-free quantum dot successfully entered the market in 2015.
- Samsung promoted quantum dot displays for its SUHD TV at CES 2016 (Quantum dot exhibitions at CES 2016 are included in this report).
- Dr. Colegrove, author of this report, has conducted many first-hand interviews of quantum dot material and component suppliers, display manufacturers, and OEMs in the past seven years. She is the first analyst to publish a comprehensive quantum dot market report since 2013.
- Over eighty companies are profiled and supply chain analysis with many companies is provided.
- This report provides market analysis and forecast of quantum dot for display and lighting, with analysis of quantum dots for other applications: solar, battery, laser, bio-science, and medical labeling.
- This report provides not only the outlook for quantum dot components in display and lighting, but also analysis and comparison between conventional LCD, LCD with quantum dot, LCD with Cd-free quantum dot, and AMOLED.
- The strengths and weaknesses of key players are analyzed.
- This report provides a Bill of Material (BOM) analysis of quantum dot displays for TV, Notebook PC, and tablet size, and BOM of Cadmium-free quantum dot displays.
- Market data in the report includes 2013 – 2015 historical data and forecasts from 2016 to 2026.
- The market forecast includes Unit, quantum dot component ASP and Revenue, with a detailed breakdown by cadmium-type quantum dot and Cd-free quantum dot; a detailed breakdown by ten applications: TV, public signage, monitor, NB PC, tablet/phablet PC, mobile phone, digital still camera/camcorder, other app displays, lighting, and QLED display.
- In the third edition, we added a market forecast with detailed breakdown by form factors: film, tube, and other form factors.
- Regional analysis is also provided in this report.
Figure 2. Quantum Dot Display and Lighting Report Table of Contents (Full TOC is available upon request)
The “Quantum Dot Display and Lighting Technologies and Market Forecast Report” Third Edition is available immediately and includes a PowerPoint file of over 290 pages and an Excel database.
Figure 3: Quantum dot 2016 report vs. the 2013 report
Reasons to purchase:
- Find your potential clients or partners from a list of over 80 companies
- Choose the right quantum dot supplier for your applications
- Know the quantum dot challenges, market status, and future
- Know your competitors
- Invest in the right direction
- Empower your strategic planning
- Touch Display Research experts have been writing display industry analysis reports for over nine years. You can access this expertise by purchasing and receiving the report today.
A license for less than five users is $3800 for this report. The license for five or more users is $4800.
Free blogs, videos
- Samsung announced quantum dot TV at CES 2016
- CES 2016 what to expect
- Happy Holidays from Touch Display Research Inc.
- Touch Display Research to present at SID LA chapter one-day conference 2016
- New Report: Touchless Human-Machine-Interaction (HMI) Sensor Market Gaining Momentum
- QD Vision announced $22 million new funding
- IWFPE 2015 review
- NextFlex is born
- Vehicle Display conference 2015
- MyScript conference on active pen
- Touchless Human-Machine-Interaction (HMI) Sensor Market has attracted over 200 companies
- Touch Display Research to Present at Vehicle Display 2015 Conference(Dr. Colegrove’s speech is sponsored by FlexEnable)
- Vizio to release quantum dot TV and quantum dot market forecast
- Apple Pencil and active pen market forecast
- Cima Touch-Joint venture of Flexconn and Cima Nanotech
- Konica Minolta keynotes on OLED lighting at Touch Taiwan 2015
- AUO quantum dot TV adopted 3M and Nanosys QDEF
- LG Display keynote about flexible OLED at Touch Taiwan 2015
- Flexible OLED display report
- Facebook Oculus acquires Pebbles Interfaces for gesture control
- Kodak touch sensor after UniPixel
- Apple will adopt ITO-replacement within 18 months
- AWE 2015 augmented reality, gesture and voice control market
- SID 2015 advanced and comprehensive exhibitor: BOE
- SID 2015 Monday Seminar: from mainstream to emerging display
- Metal mesh touch sensor: the second wave
- Microsoft acquired part of N-trig for the pen
- Nissha partners with C3Nano
- Quantum dot display component market will reach $10.6 billion by 2025
- Report: Gesture Control, Voice Recognition, Eye Tracking, Motion Sensor, Proximity Touch Market Forecasted to Reach $42.6 Billion by 2020
- We accurately forecasted Apple AMOLED adoption time
- Authentication technologies analysis report
- Wearable technology Analysis report
- Touch panel for vertical market 2014 report
- Our Mission at Touch Display Research
About Touch Display Research Inc.
Touch Display Research, Inc.(www.TouchDisplayResearch.com) is an independent technology market research and consulting firm specializing in touch screen and emerging display technologies such as OLED displays, OLED lighting, flexible displays, e-paper displays, ITO-replacement, Active pen, 3D displays, near-eye displays, pocket projectors, quantum dots, gesture controls, voice controls, and eye controls. Touch Display Research provides standard reports, consulting projects, and due diligence for touch suppliers, display manufacturers, consumer electronics ODMs/OEMs, material suppliers, investor companies, venture capitalists, and companies who are merging or acquiring companies in the touch screen, display, and materials industry. We are member of Flextech Alliance and SID.