Santa Clara, California, March 14, 2016—In the recently published “Quantum Dot Display and Lighting Technologies and Market Forecast Report (Third Edition),” Touch Display Research surveyed many quantum dot suppliers, display manufacturers and OEMs, and analyzed and forecasted the quantum dot display component market with detail of material type and form factor. This report profiles over 80 companies working on quantum dot materials and quantum dot components. Touch Display Research forecasts the overall quantum dot display component and lighting and QLED market will surpass $2 billion by 2017, and reach $10.8 billion by 2026.
Figure 1. Quantum Dot Display and Lighting Technologies and Market Forecast
Source: Touch Display Research, January 2016
“Quantum dot technology could improve Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) dramatically in terms of color gamut, color accuracy and reducing power consumption. The number of companies working on quantum dot has increased to over 80 in 2016 from just 60 companies in 2015,” said Dr. Jennifer Colegrove, CEO and principal analyst of Touch Display Research Inc. “We forecast quantum dot components will have a rapid penetration into displays and lighting from 2016 to 2026.”
- Cadmium-free quantum dot successfully entered the market in 2015.
- Samsung promoted quantum dot displays for its SUHD TV at CES 2016. (Quantum dot exhibitions at CES 2016 are included in this report).
- Colegrove, author of this report, has conducted many first-hand interviews of quantum dot material and component suppliers, display manufactures, and OEMs in recent 7 years. She is the first analyst to publish a comprehensive quantum dot market report since 2013.
- Over 80 companies are profiled and supply chain analysis with many companies is provided.
- This report provides market analysis and forecast of quantum dot for display and lighting, with analysis of quantum dots for other applications: solar, battery, laser, bio-science, and medical labeling.
- This report provides not only the outlook for quantum dot components in display and lighting, but also analysis and comparison between conventional LCD, LCD with quantum dot, LCD with Cd-free QD, and AMOLED.
- The strengths and weaknesses of key players are analyzed.
- This report provides a Bill of Material (BOM) analysis of quantum dot displays for TV, Notebook PC, and tablet size, and BOM of Cadmium-free quantum dot displays.
- Market data in the report includes 2013 – 2015 history data and forecasts from 2016 to 2026.
- The market forecast includes Unit, quantum dot component ASP and Revenue, with a detailed breakdown by Cadmium-type quantum dot and Cd-free quantum dot; a detailed breakdown by ten applications: TV, Public Signage, Monitor, NB PC, tablet/phablet PC, mobile phone, Digital Still Camera/camcorder, other app displays, lighting, and QLED display.
- In the third edition, we added market forecast with detailed breakdown by form factors: film, tube, and other form factors.
- Regional analysis is also provided in this report.
Figure 2. Quantum Dot Display and Lighting 2016 Report, Third Edition
Source: Touch Display Research Inc., Jan 2016
The “Quantum Dot Display and Lighting Technologies and Market Forecast Report” Third Edition is available immediately and includes a PowerPoint file of over 290 pages and an Excel database.
Reasons to purchase:
- Find your potential clients or partners from the list of over 80 companies
- Choose the right quantum dot supplier for your applications
- Know the quantum dot challenges, market status, and future
- Know your competitors
- Invest in the right direction
- Empower your strategic planning
- Touch Display Research experts have been writing display industry analysis reports for over nine years. You can access this expertise by purchasing and receiving the report today.
A license for less than five users is $3800 for this report. The license for five or more users is $4800.
Free blogs, videos
- The funniest moment at Quantum Dots Forum 2016
- FLEX 2016 review
- eDC 2016 review
- New report: Active pen, Wearable, micro LED, ITO-replacement, Smart Doorbells & Locks
- How to find your dream job
- New report: ITO-replacement transparent conductor market to reach $13 billion by 2023 but not all companies are growing
- Active pen 2016 report is published
- New Report: Touchless Human-Machine-Interaction (HMI) Sensor Market Gaining Momentum
- Our Mission at Touch Display Research
About Touch Display Research Inc.
Touch Display Research, Inc.(www.TouchDisplayResearch.com) is an independent technology market research and consulting firm specializing in touch screen and emerging display technologies such as OLED displays, OLED lighting, flexible displays, e-paper displays, ITO-replacement, Active pen, 3D displays, near-eye displays, pocket projectors, quantum dots, gesture controls, voice controls, and eye controls. Touch Display Research provides standard reports, consulting projects, and due diligence for touch suppliers, display manufacturers, consumer electronics ODMs/OEMs, material suppliers, investor companies, venture capitalists, and companies who are merging or acquiring companies in the touch screen, display, and materials industry. We are member of Flextech Alliance and SID.