Santa Clara, October 1, 2013—Touch Display Research announces the publication of “Flexible and Curved Display Technologies and Market Forecast Report.” This report profiles over 260 companies and research institutes working on flexible and curved displays. Touch Display Research forecasts that the flexible and curved display market will grow from less than 1% market share in 2013 to $27 Billion and 16% market share of global display revenue by 2023.
Figure. Flexible and curved display market forecast to 2023
Source: Touch Display Research, Flexible and Curved Display Technologies and Market Forecast Report, September 2013
Curved TVs provide a unique form factor and cinema-like immersive view, and 2013 is a special year for the technology. LG and Samsung already have curved OLED TVs on the market, to be joined by Sony later this year with a curved LCD TV.
Many “smart” watches in the market use rigid displays. Touch Display Research believes flexible and curved displays are more ergonomic for the wrist, and larger-sized flexible displays could fit better and show more information. For example, Nike’s FuelBand has used curved LED array displays since 2012.
“Compared with six years ago, the ecosystem of flexible and curved displays is maturing. Good progress has been made in many areas. TFT on plastic substrate is already commercialized; ultra-thin glass is commercially available; ITO-replacement material is in mass production; bond de-bond and roll-to-roll manufacturing processes and equipment used for flexible displays are more precise. We forecast that flexible and curved displays will have tremendous growth in the next several years,” said Dr. Jennifer Colegrove, president and analyst of Touch Display Research Inc., who has been writing analysis reports about flexible display industry since 2007.
Over ten display technologies could be made into flexible curved displays. We put them into eight display technology categories: Electrophoretic AM, Electrophoretic PM/segmented, AMOLED, PMOLED, AMLCD, PMLCD, Other tech AM, Other tech PM/segmented; Challenges and opportunities are analyzed in the report.
- This report provides detailed descriptions of display technologies that are built with flexible substrates and displays built with rigid glass but used in an obvious curved form factor.
- Over 260 companies and research institutes are profiled.
- Flexible lighting and flexible touch screen technologies are also analyzed in this report.
- This report provides a regional analysis for the USA, Japan, Germany, Taiwan, Korea, China, the U.K. and other countries.
- Market data in the report includes 2012 historical data and forecasts from 2013 to 2023.
- The market forecast includes Units, ASP, Revenue, Area (square meter), with a detailed breakdown in eight display technology categories; Twelve application categories: smart watch, simple watch, curved TV, secondary or cover display, mobile phone main display, phablet and tablet, automotive, e-reader and e-note, memory device, public signage, gaming casino, other applications; five size categories:<4.99”, 5-9.99”, 10-19.99”, 20-49.99”, >50”.
The Flexible and Curved Display Technologies and Market Forecast 2013 report is available immediately and includes a PowerPoint file (over 270 pages) and Excel database.
Reasons to purchase:
- Find your potential clients or partners from a list of over 260 companies and research institutes
- Choose the right flexible curved display for your applications
- Know the flexible curved display market status and future
- Know your competitors
- Invest in the right direction
- Empower your strategic planning
- Touch Display Research experts have been writing flexible display industry analysis report for over six years. You can access this expertise by purchasing and receiving the report today.
Table of Contents (Full TOC is available upon request)
License for less than five users is $5900 for this special report. License for five or more users is $6900 for this special report.
About Touch Display Research Inc.
Touch Display Research, Inc. is an independent technology market research and consulting firm specializing in touch screen and emerging display technologies such as OLED displays, OLED lighting, flexible displays, e-paper displays, ITO-replacement, 3D displays, near-eye displays, pocket projectors, quantum dots, gesture controls, voice controls, and eye controls. Touch Display Research provides standard reports, consulting projects, and due diligence for touch suppliers, display manufacturers, consumer electronics ODMs/OEMs, material suppliers, investor companies, venture capitalists, and companies who are merging or acquiring companies in the touch screen, display, and materials industry. Our website is TouchDisplayResearch.com.