Santa Clara, California, August 30, 2017—In the recently published “Quantum Dot Technologies and Market Forecast 2017 Report, Special Fourth Edition,” Touch Display Research surveyed many quantum dot suppliers, display manufacturers and OEMs, and analyzed and forecasted the quantum dot display component market with detail of material type and form factor. This report profiles over 90 companies working on quantum dot materials and quantum dot components. In the Quantum dot 2017 report, Special Fourth Edition, Touch Display Research forecasted QLED TV shipment will increase to 148 million units by 2022.
Figure. QLED (Quantum Light Emitting Diode) TV shipment forecast
Source: Quantum dot technologies and market forecast 2017, special 4th edition report. Touch Display Research Inc. August 2017
“Quantum dot technology, including quantum rod, or tetrapod-shaped quantum dot, could improve picture quality dramatically in terms of color gamut, color accuracy and reducing power consumption compared to conventional Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)/Light Emitting Diode (LED),” said Dr. Jennifer Colegrove, CEO and principal analyst of Touch Display Research Inc.
- QLED (Quantum-based Light Emitting Diode) TV is the category name for any TV displays that use quantum dots in them.
- Samsung acquired the IPs of QD Vision at the end of 2016.
- In 2016, Samsung Electronics has applied for the trademark “Samsung QLED TV” with US Patent and Trademark Office. Samsung indicated that although they own the “Samsung QLED TV” trade mark, the “QLED” name is a common term like OLED TV or LED TV. “QLED” can be used by the whole display industry as a category name to call any displays with quantum dots in it.
- More than 8 TV brands have shipped or utilized QLED TVs, including: Sony, Hisense, TLC, Samsung, Vizio, Sharp.
- At CES 2017, Samsung is full gear on quantum dot. It announced several QLED TV lines: Q7, Q8 and Q9. Samsung also showed dozens of monitors with quantum dot, from 31.5” to 34”.
- In April 2017, three large TV suppliers (Samsung, Hisense, TCL), supply chain (Nanosys) and 5 large retailers in China (GOME Electrical Appliances, Suning Commerce Group, JD.com, Five Star and Sundan) formed QLED TV Alliance in Beijing China.
- Dr. Colegrove, author of this report, has conducted many first-hand interviews of quantum dot material and component suppliers, display manufactures, and OEMs in recent 8 years. She was the first industry analyst to publish a comprehensive quantum dot market report.
- Over 90 companies are profiled and supply chain analysis with many companies is provided.
- What does the new quantum dot supply chain look like in 2017 and 2018?
- Who will be the winner in 2017?
- Which form factor quantum dots will be dominant in 2027?
- This report provides market analysis and forecast of quantum dot for display and lighting, with analysis of quantum dots for other applications: solar, battery, laser, bio-science, and medical labeling.
- This report provides not only the outlook for quantum dot components in display and lighting, but also analysis and comparison between conventional LCD, LCD/LED with quantum dot, LCD/LED with Cd-free QD, and AMOLED.
- The strengths and weaknesses of key players are analyzed.
- This report provides a Bill of Material (BOM) analysis of QLED for TV, and BOM of quantum dot monitor displays.
- Market data in the report includes 4 years history data (2013-2016) and 11 years forecast data (from 2017 to 2027).
- The market forecast includes Unit, quantum dot component ASP and Revenue, with a detailed breakdown by Cadmium-type quantum dot and Cd-free quantum dot; a detailed breakdown by nine applications.
- Regional analysis is also provided in this report.
The “Quantum Dot Technologies and Market Forecast 2017 Report, Special Fourth Edition” is available immediately.
|PowerPoint file||>400 pages|
|Excel database||Profiles >90 companies, Units, ASP, Revenue, list of all quantum dot devices and suppliers|
|Published time||August, 2017|
|Price||$4100 for company with <5 user. $4800 for company with 5 or more users|
|Bonus||Client can have a 30-minute free phone call with the author: Dr. Jennifer Colegrove, within 3 months of the purchase|
What our clients say
“Your latest Quantum Dot report, we think yours is by far the most accurate by the way, others I’ve seen are not accurate even for their 2013 numbers!!”—a client of our Quantum Dot display and lighting report
“We like your monthly report. It’s like you are traveling for us to over 10 international conferences each year, and writing travel reports too. Since we are very busy every day with meetings and lab works, we can’t attend many conferences. Your monthly reports keep us updated with all the new trends.”– a client of the Touch and Emerging Display monthly report.
“Great report. It’s very thorough.”–a client of our ITO-replacement report
“Thanks for your fast turnaround. It’s very helpful.”–a client of a custom project
- August report: LG Flexible AMOLED, Apple AR/VR, Smart Windows
- Touch Display and Smart Windows Market Trends as SID Vehicle Display and Interface 2017 Conference
- Apple acquired eye tracking company SMI for AR, VR and AI
- Apple announced iPad Pro and Active pen market
- Touch panels, flexible/foldable display, smart windows, quantum dots are hot topics at SID 2017
- Touch panel for vertical market 2017 report
- Quantum Dot Market Attracted Over 90 Companies
- ITO-replacement transparent conductor market had attracted over 300 companies
About Touch Display Research Inc.
Touch Display Research, Inc. (www.TouchDisplayResearch.com) is a technology market research and consulting firm specializing in touch screen and emerging display technologies such as OLED displays, quantum dots, flexible displays, e-paper displays, ITO-replacement, Active pen, near-eye displays, gesture controls, voice recognition, and eye tracking. Touch Display Research helps technology companies grow and connecting their technologies to the marketplace. We have been writing about OLED industry for over 10 years. We were the first company to publish Quantum Dot market reports. We were the first company to publish Active Pen market report, and ITO-replacement market report. We have always been there to analyze new and emerging technologies. Touch Display Research provides reports, consulting, and due diligence to touch suppliers, display manufacturers, consumer electronics ODMs/OEMs, material suppliers, investors and venture capitalists. We are member of Flextech Alliance, SEMI and SID.