Feb 20th, 2019, by Jennifer Colegrove, Ph.D., CEO and Principal Analyst, Touch Display Research
Samsung finally unveiled its foldable smart phone—Galaxy Fold, after teasing about it for several years. The foldable phone is using a flexible and foldable touch screen and cover lens.
Figure 1. Samsung Galaxy Fold
Source: Samsung, February 2019
Touch Display Research believes touch screen is critical to flexible displays, because: 1. Touch screen can provide the interactive function. 2. Touch cover lens can act like the protection layer to the flexible display.
Foldable touch screen and foldable cover lens is analyzed in the “Flexible Display & Flexible Touch Technologies, Supply Chain and Market Forecast 2018 Report (3rd Edition)”. This report profiles over 270 companies working on flexible display and flexible touch screens.
Figure 2. Flexible Display & Flexible Touch 2018 Report, 3rd Edition
Source: Touch Display Research
- Flexible/curved display exhibitions in worldwide conferences in recent 4 years are covered in this report,
- The 3rd edition Flexible Display &Flexible Touch report has many update over the 2nd edition (which was published in 2015) and over the first edition (which was published in 2013).
- This report include a PowerPoint file (>600 pages) and an Excel database. Market data in the report includes 6 years history data (2012-2017) and 10 years forecast data (from 2018 to 2027).
- The market forecast includes Unit, ASP, Revenue, Area(square meter), with a detailed breakdown in eight display technology categories: Electrophoretic AM, Electrophoretic PM/segmented, AMOLED, PMOLED, AMLCD, PMLCD, Other tech AM, Other tech PM/segmented;
- The market forecast includes a detailed breakdown in 13 application categories: smart watch, wearable (other than smart watch), curved TV, curved monitor/AIO PC, NB/tablet PC, secondary or cover display, mobile phone main display, phablet and tablet, automotive, e-reader and e-note, public signage, gaming casino, other applications. Five size categories are included: <4.99”, 5-9.99”, 10-19.99”, 20-49.99”, >50”.
- Flexible/curved display industry roadmap from 2008 to 2018 are analyzed and provided in this report,
- Colegrove, author of this report, has conducted many first-hand interviews of display manufacturers, touch screen suppliers, material and component suppliers, and ODMs/OEMs in recent 12 years.
- This report provides market analysis and forecast of flexible/curved display, with analysis of flexible touch screen, flexible lighting, and flexible batteries.
- This report provides a Bill of Material (BOM) analysis of flexible displays vs. rigid glass displays,
- Regional analysis is also provided in this report.
Thanks for reading,
Dr. Jennifer Colegrove and team
What our clients say
“Your latest Quantum Dot report, we think yours is by far the most accurate by the way, others I’ve seen are not accurate even for their 2013 numbers!!”—a client of our Quantum Dot display and lighting report
“We like your monthly report. It’s like you are traveling for us to over 10 international conferences each year, and writing travel reports too. Since we are very busy every day with meetings and lab works, we can’t attend many conferences. Your monthly reports keep us updated with all the new trends.”– a client of the Touch and Emerging Display monthly report.
“Great report. It’s very thorough.”–a client of our ITO-replacement report
“Thanks for your fast turnaround. It’s very helpful.”–a client of a custom project
- February report: Quantum dot OLED TV, Retail display, Metal mesh
- Magneti Marelli automotive touch display and ADAS
- CES 2019: Flexible display and flexible touch
- CES 2019: Micro LED and mini LED made big splash
- Touch Display Research to present keynote at SVC TechCon 2019
- Touch Display Research to speak at Quantum Dot Forum 2019 Workshop
- 2019 Top 15 Technology Trends
- 9 strategies to benefit from the automotive touch display ADAS supply chain change
- Apple Watch LTPO OLED analysis (member exclusive online article)
- Micro LED and mini LED display cost calculations
- Active pen & digital writing market forecast
About Touch Display Research Inc.
Touch Display Research, Inc. (https://TouchDisplayResearch.com) is a technology market research and consulting firm specializing in touch screen and emerging display technologies such as OLED displays, quantum dots, flexible displays, e-paper displays, ITO-replacement, Active pen, near-eye displays, smart windows, micro & mini LED, gesture controls, voice controls, and eye controls. Touch Display Research helps technology companies grow and connecting their technologies to the marketplace. We have been writing about OLED industry for over 10 years. We were the first company to publish Quantum Dot market reports. We were the first company to publish Active Pen market report, and ITO-replacement market report. We have always been there to analyze new and emerging technologies. Touch Display Research provides reports, consulting, and due diligence to touch suppliers, display manufacturers, semiconductor companies, consumer electronics ODMs/OEMs, material suppliers, investors and venture capitalists. For report and consulting, please visit our website: TouchDisplayResearch.com. We are member of Flextech Alliance, SEMI and SID.
Touch Display Research Membership subscription
Touch Display Research offers membership packages for corporations and businesses who would prefer to purchase several of our services at the same time. We offer 3 levels of membership: Gold, Silver and Bronze. Please see the website membership page.