February 25, 2022 by Jennifer Colegrove Ph.D. Principal Analyst, Touch Display Research Inc.
This week, FlexEnable, the leader in the development and industrialization of flexible organic electronics, has raised $11M Series B financing. Coretronic, a major Taiwanese LCD backlight module manufacturer, has made a strategic investment.
Touch Display Research interviewed Mr. Chuck Milligan, CEO of FlexEnable recently. Mr. Milligan said: “Having industry heavyweight Coretronic on board as an investor and partner is further validation of both FlexEnable’s business model and our technology leadership in the materials and processes which enable volume production of unique flexible optical modules and displays. As a principal player in the LCD supply chain, Coretronic’s deep industry expertise will be a great benefit to us as we now move from production setup to mass production. We are very excited to have strong new investors on board, and very grateful for the on-going support from Rusnano and Novares, who have been instrumental in enabling us to develop our technology and great commercial projects over the past years.”
The company already has four active technology transfer programs underway with several leading display manufacturers in Asia, with first volume production ramp starting in the second half of 2022.
In the “Flexible Display & Flexible Touch Technologies, Supply Chain and Market Forecast 2018 Report (3rd Edition),” Touch Display Research analyzed over 10 flexible display technologies in 13 application markets, with detail of substrate material type and form factor. This report profiles over 270 companies working on flexible display and flexible touch screens.
Figure. Flexible Display & Flexible Touch 2018 Report, 3rd Edition
Source: Touch Display Research Inc., March 2018
“Three years ago in the Flexible Display 2015 Report, Touch Display Research forecasted flexible display industry will take off in 2015 to 2018. That forecast became reality. We are witnessing flexible OLED display, flexible e-paper display, flexible LCD and other flexible technologies having a big leap right now,” said Dr. Jennifer Colegrove, author of the report, principal analyst of Touch Display Research Inc.
- The 3rd edition Flexible Display &Flexible Touch report has many update over the 2nd edition (which was published in 2015) and over the first edition (which was published in 2013).
- This report include a PowerPoint file (>600 pages) and an Excel database. Market data in the report includes 6 years history data (2012-2017) and 10 years forecast data (from 2018 to 2027).
- The market forecast includes Unit, ASP, Revenue, Area(square meter), with a detailed breakdown in eight display technology categories: Electrophoretic AM, Electrophoretic PM/segmented, AMOLED, PMOLED, AMLCD, PMLCD, Other tech AM, Other tech PM/segmented;
- The market forecast includes a detailed breakdown in 13 application categories: smart watch, wearable (other than smart watch), curved TV, curved monitor/AIO PC, NB/tablet PC, secondary or cover display, mobile phone main display, phablet and tablet, automotive, e-reader and e-note, public signage, gaming casino, other applications. Five size categories are included: <4.99”, 5-9.99”, 10-19.99”, 20-49.99”, >50”.
- Flexible/curved display industry roadmap from 2008 to 2018 are analyzed and provided in this report,
- Dr. Colegrove, author of this report, has conducted many first-hand interviews of display manufacturers, touch screen suppliers, material and component suppliers, and ODMs/OEMs in recent 12 years.
- This report provides market analysis and forecast of flexible/curved display, with analysis of flexible touch screen, flexible lighting, and flexible batteries.
- This report provides a Bill of Material (BOM) analysis of flexible displays vs. rigid glass displays,
- Regional analysis is also provided in this report.
Reasons to purchase:
- Find your potential clients or partners from the list of over 270 companies
- Choose the right flexible display and flexible touch screen supplier for your applications
- Know the flexible display challenges, market status, and future
- Know your competitors
- Invest in the right direction, avoid millions of dollars of wrong investment
- Empower your strategic planning
- Touch Display Research experts have been writing display industry analysis reports for over ten years. You can access this expertise by purchasing and receiving the report today.
The “Flexible Display &Flexible Touch Technologies and Market Forecast 2018 Report” 3rd Edition is available immediately. Report sample, table of contents are available upon request.
Thanks for reading
Dr. Jennifer Colegrove and team
Touch Display Research Inc. and Battery Market Research
What our clients say
“I enjoyed reading your Quantum Dot report, it’s very informative as promised…”—a client of our Quantum Dot report
“The Micro and Mini LED report is very helpful. Before, we know our technologies well, now with your report, we know all our competitors out there and their Pros and Cons too.”—a client of the Micro and Mini LED report.
“I recommended your Smart Windows Report to my company, and then my company bought it. The report is very useful– it opened a whole new world for us.” —a client of the Smart Window’s Report.
“We bought your Touch Panel for Vertical Market report two years ago, and based on the report, we formed a new division to target those markets, and now that division is doing very well.”—a client of the Touch Panel for Vertical Market report.
“Great report. It’s very thorough.”–a client of our ITO-replacement report
- Quantum dot and narrow band phosphor will exhibit rapid growth
- SID LA Chapter one-day conference Feb 17 2022
- Automotive Touch, Display, ADAS Market to 2028
- Head Mounted Display for AR VR and MR 2021-2030 Report
- We are back together—SID Vehicle Display and Interface 2021 Conference review
- Sensors enabling AR, VR, MR, and AI
- Micro and mini LED will flood the consumer market in 2021
- EV battery manufacturers’ capacity market share
- Tesla will add 4 battery factories
- EV battery attracted over 180 companies
- 17 types wearable health sensors
- Touchless HMI 2020 report introduction (Video)
About Touch Display Research Inc.
Touch Display Research, Inc. (https://TouchDisplayResearch.com) is a technology market research and consulting firm specializing in touch screen and emerging display technologies such as OLED displays, quantum dots, flexible displays, e-paper displays, ITO-replacement, Active pen, near-eye displays, smart windows, micro & mini LED, gesture controls, voice controls, eye controls and Batteries. Touch Display Research helps technology companies grow and connecting their technologies to the marketplace. We have been writing about OLED industry for over 10 years. We were the first company to publish Quantum Dot market reports. We were the first company to publish Active Pen market report, and ITO-replacement market report. We have always been there to analyze new and emerging technologies. Touch Display Research provides reports, consulting, and due diligence to touch suppliers, display manufacturers, semiconductor companies, consumer electronics ODMs/OEMs, material suppliers, investors and venture capitalists. Battery Market Research is a subsidiary division of Touch Display Research, and focuses on battery technologies and market. For report and consulting, please visit our website: TouchDisplayResearch.com.