Touch Display Research Inc., a market research and consulting firm, analyzes 25 types of digital pen technologies, which include 16 active pen technologies and 9 passive pen technologies. Over 170 companies working on active and passive pen technologies are profiled in the report. This is the 4th edition of our report, and contains many updates over the previous edition (which was published in 2017), over the second edition (published in 2016), and over the first edition (published in 2014).
Figure 1. Active pen & digital writing technologies, supply chain, and market forecast report
Source: Touch Display Research, May 2018
Touch Display Research defines active pen as a pen with an electronic circuit. Some active pens have an integrated battery in it, and others don’t. A passive pen has neither an electronic circuit nor a battery.
Figure 2: Active pen 2018 report Table of Contents (Full TOC and report sample is available upon request).
Source: Touch Display Research, Active pen & digital writing technologies supply chain and market forecast 2018 report.
“The active pen industry landscape has changed dramatically in the recent 3 years. Market shares of leading pen protocols are provided in this report,” said Dr. Jennifer Colegrove, CEO and Principal Analyst at Touch Display Research. “Digital pen input is very useful in education, certain language input, medical, finance, industry applications, and content creation. Active pen technology is superior to passive in terms of accuracy, pressure sensing, and input of fine line. We forecast that active pen usage will have rapid growth in the next several years.”
- Colegrove, author of this report, has conducted many first-hand interviews of active pen suppliers and OEMs/ODMs that have adopted active pens in recent 10 years.
- All the devices with active pen are compared side-by-side with pen technologies, and pen suppliers in the excel database.
- The 10 key characters of an ideal active pen is analyzed in the report.
- Over 170 companies are profiled and supply chain analysis with many companies is provided.
- A prediction of 2018/2019 winner is in the report. The strengths and weaknesses of key players are analyzed.
- Market shares of Tablet and Hybrid tablet PC with P-cap active pen technology by key companies are provided in the report.
- The roadmap of 15 leading brands toward active pen is analyzed in the report.
- This report provides a Bill of Material (BOM) analysis of active pen module for “pen only” and “pen and finger” touch.
- Market data in the report includes 5 years history data (2013 to 2017), and 6 years forecasts (from 2018 to 2023).
- The market forecast includes Unit, active pen module ASP and Revenue, with a detailed breakdown by 9 application devices: mobile phone and phablet, tablet and hybrid tablet PC, notebook PC, All-in-one PC and desktop monitor, signature pad (retail, finance, service, etc), eReader writer, graphic pen board (without display), public signage/interactive board, and other applications.
- Regional analysis is also provided in this report.
Reasons to purchase:
- Find your potential clients or partners from the list of over 170 companies
- Understand active pen technologies and choose the right active pen supplier for your applications
- Know the active pen challenges, market status, and future
- Obtain market intelligence, find out the market trends and profit from it
- Know your competitors
- Invest in the right direction, avoid costly wrong investment
- Empower your strategic planning, make fact based decisions
- Touch Display Research experts have been writing touch and pen industry analysis reports for 10 years. You can access this expertise by purchasing and receiving the report today.
The “Active Pen & Digital Writing Technologies and Market Forecast 2018 Report” is available immediately.
|PowerPoint file||>400 pages|
|Excel database||Profiles >170 companies, Units, ASP, Revenue, list of all active pen devices with pen technology and pen suppliers|
|Published time||May, 1st, 2018|
|Price||$5100 for company with <5 user. $5900 for company with 5 or more users|
|Bonus||Client can have a 30-minute free phone call with the leading analyst: Dr. Jennifer Colegrove, within 3 months of the purchase|